- Outcomes of the International Conference on Agrarian Reform and Rural Development
- Farmers' Forum in IFAD
- Burkina Faso: A concerted framework of partners for rural development in the country
- Dominican Republic: Thematic Group tackles avian flu issue
- Uruguay: Activities of the National Thematic Group continue to bear fruits in other departments in the country
- Venezuela: Thematic Group on Rural Development and Food Security reactivates activities
- 21 May: Fight Hunger - Walk the World!
- 5 June: World Environment Day
- September 2006: Mid-term assessment of the World Food Summit Plan of action
Sustainable Agriculture and Rural Development (SARD)
- Second meeting of the Regional Focal Points of the SARD in Mountain Regions Project
- SARD Initiative
: Good Practices-: From Identification to Scaling Up Workshop
- SARD Initiative : Indigenous Peoples’ Initiative to establish cultural indicators for Sustainable Agriculture and Rural Development
- Computerizing agricultural cooperatives: a practical guide
- Training course on rural producer organizations available on CD-ROM
- Food Security information for action website
"ICARRD helped to bring the issues of agrarian reform and rural development back on the international agenda through participatory and multistakeholder approach."
In this interview, Parviz Koohafkan, Executive Secretary of the International Conference on Agrarian Reform and Rural Development (ICARRD), shares with us the main outcomes of the Conference and how he foresees its follow-up.
"In several countries, the national Thematic Groups of the UN System Network have worked along side the National Alliances. Being specialized platforms that group UN agencies and other actors working in specific food security issues and rural development, it makes sense that a strong synergy on the ground be sought."|
In this interview, Mrs. Eva Clayton, former FAO Assistant Director General and Special Adviser on the World Food Summit Follow-up and Secretary of the International Alliance against Hunger (IAAH), shares the achievements made by the initiative, talks about the links between the Alliance with the UN System Network and makes recommendations to her successor as she steps down from her position in FAO.
Calendar of international events (international days and UN/NGO/civil society meetings)